Everyday Inspiration

Two days ago, I had the most interesting conversation about my passion for pastry design and fashion. So many people see these two passions as polar opposites; however they are so similar in my mind. When it comes to food and fashion, I am most passionate about pairing. I love to think about the details that make the big picture. The little details such as (and especially the) color combinations, the texture pairings that create an overall external look. Then thinking through the feelings and taste associations with both fashion and food - what emotions, thoughts, and memories are linked to an apple pie or a white and navy striped shirt.

All in all, I believe my love of art, fashion, and food come from the same side of my brain. I also find inspiration for my passion through every day events, people, and objects. Throughout this week - I will be displaying "everyday inspiration" examples.

A perfect example of the way that food and fashion can inspire one another:

Inspiration: Cream and Chocolate Brown
Focusing on the combination of cream and brown.
The texture difference of smooth (my neckline) and  slightly rough (the shirt)
This look is simple, but yet not dull. 
Result: Chocolate and Vanilla (with a hint of Hazelnut Liquor) Mousse Cake 
Decorated with cream macaroons and chocolate ganache. 
The look above inspired me to create a chocolate mousse cake with cream macaroons outlining it.
The flavor combination is a chocolate mousse and a  vanilla mousse with a hint of hazelnut liquor.
Other results: 
Chocolate chip/orange (taste) pound cake
By Chef Theresa

Chocolate chip cookies dipped in semisweet chocolate.


Paris Brest (petit fours size)
By Chef Theresa

Paris-Brest with chocolate sauce.
Flavors (rum, choux, almonds, praline, chocolate)
By Chef Theresa

Popular Posts