First day of Spring!

Favorite spring color combination from Color Collective. 




I am so happy about it being the first day of spring; however I must say that spring brings forth a major, major, major issue for me: work ethic issues. I literally have a really hard time working when it's beautiful outside. Like it's really bad. Even today, I have a practical exam and I keep looking outside and thinking of fun spring color combinations. My favorite I think are: torquis, beige, pink, yellow, and cream. I love those colors together. I also can't stop thinking about weekend plans, bike riding, golf, parties, fun spring desserts, rain boots, a yellow rain jacket, picnics, outdoor eateries/events/museums, trips to the Nasty Nati, sleeping on/in a hemlock, reading outside, taking walks under the moonlight, BBQing with the hubs, friends, family and traveling. I literally cannot stop thinking about truly enjoying life, which then makes me want to completely and utterly slack off. Which then leads me to the question that has plagued my life - what's better being the top of your professional game or being completely free and throwing it all in the air?


Like will I regret not giving a 110% later? All my goals depend on me going hard, BUT then again life is about living day by day. God says not to worry, but He also preaches excellence and not being lazy and irresponsible. Can you really have it all? Or do you have to give a little - take a little? I usually believe in the give a little, take a little, but then I always question whether that is the right decision because then you don't head dive into either.

For me it feels like a constant pull between:


HARD WORK, MOVING UP THE LATTER, BEING THE BEST, ADMIRED BY ONE'S PROFESSIONAL PEERS, FOCUSED, DETERMINED, NON-STOP, A DYNAMIC REPUTATION, AN IMPRESSIVE RESUME...
-or- 
BEST TIMES OF YOUR LIFE, ENJOYING EACH AND EVERY MINUTE, NO PRESSURE, COMFORT, LAUGHING, LOVE, BEAUTY...

So with spring comes wanting to forget I have homework, wanting to read in the grass with a big cup of Passion tea (sweetened) instead of being in an office/kitchen all day, and wanting to spend quality time with myself and my loved ones. 

Popular Posts