Enjoying Today.

"Don't worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum.
The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind.
The kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday."
- Wear Sunscreen (Baz Luhrmann)

Read full story by clicking on the title.

This Sunday, I was greeted with the saddest story ever. A story that literally hit me like a ton of bricks. I honestly don't think I will ever forget it
.

So, a friend of mine went on a business trip. On the way back (in the airport) her friend, "Amy" (that also works with her) made a quick call to her hubby "Matt". They talked for a minute about pick up arrangements.They have a five hour flight. The couple have been married since she was 18 - they've been married for 12 years. According to my friend, they are a lovely couple - fun, young, and very much in love. All this to say, Amy lands an hour early. Her boss tells her she can wait with her, because Amy's hubby is not picking up the phone. Amy assures her she will be okay. She knows her hubs will be there - but after an hour of not being picked up - she takes a cab home. When she enters the home - her husband is laying on the floor with a blue face and foaming at the mouth. Amy, in shock, calls the couple's bff and tells him that Matt won't wake up. Her friend rushes there - when he discovers Matt is dead. He calls the ambulance and they pronounce him dead at the scene. He has been dead for hours - when Amy got home her husband had already been dead for over an hour.

Amy doesn't believe it. She's gone into denial - she doesn't understand the fuss and continues to believe taht Matt is coming home.

When I heard this - I got it. I get the idea that your brain can't grasp a reality so sudden and...so heavy...and so devastating.

So, on days that I come home to the love of my life. On days when I talk to my mom/dad/sis/bro/family/friends...I know that I am blessed - it is a great day. Because I know that everyday there are people that get phone calls or make discoveries that rock their world. I also know that if I am to live a long life - there will be a day when I will be on the other side of loss. There will be a day - an ordinary day...





Enjoy today! Savour it - no worries, no sadness, just an overaboundance of love and patience...

Popular Posts