Today during journal writing - I wrote about what I was doing during this time two years ago. In October 2010, I was traveling to North Carolina to hang out with my sister and mother. I was traveling to farmers markets around the Northeast, East coast, and Midwest – in search of the best baked good and a place to sell Cheek Sweets (which is re-launching soon). I was spending days in coffee shops around Maryland, DC, and Virginia – writing, looking up recipes, and fun design ideas. At night, I was catering a party, social event, or delivering a baked good. I was hosting tasting parties and sending free desserts to test groups. I had a bunch of my girlfriends come down and help me with my biggest event – AMAZING. I had just started researching pastry arts programs.

I was checking out the latest fashion – although I couldn’t afford ANY OF IT. Mike and I both had small “college” jobs – my catering gigs and his office position at his grad school. I had just gotten my longer hair chopped off in a short funky do. Every day, I wore a pair of jeans, a big tee, scarf, and some workmen boots – similar to my style now J I was experimenting with short and curly – it was unsuccessful.  It was a great time. It was completely and utterly unsustainable, but a time that I mark as the second most (after college) influential time of my life.   

Popular Posts