Amazing Screen Play

A week off and I got to watch some incredible movies and docs.
I feel so reinvigorated. Here lately documentaries are my books.
I am into reading periodicals right now - a lot of articles.
I truly feel like Lynne's child - my mother is a movie-head - she sees about two movies a week. She knows all the hottest movies out (indie films/big screen), the movie reviews, and all the theaters with the best popcorn.
She goes with her girls, by herself, my dad, and when I am home - we go together.  I always have the best time watching a girlie "smart" (as my mom puts it) movie while scarfing down Raisonettes and popcorn :)
Only thing is that she can watch some pretty deep stuff - so you have to ask her about what you're going to see before you see it. Not too much disturbs her - because she is able to see the "beauty" in it all. Me - not so much. I hate watching murder, a main character die, and really hard life issues. I would love to eventually work up my appetite for deeper world issues, though. But if you are looking for something to see or download, here are a few of my favorites from this week:  


The CNN special "Who is Black in America?"

The movie, "Amour" - french with English subtitles. It's really...really different, but truly a story about love.

The PBS special "Powerbroker" about Whitney Young....

Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain, french with English subtitles.Super cute - it recieved international acclaim.

Inocente, the documentary about a homeless (teenage) artist...sooo good. In English, but times in Spanish with subtitles.
 
 

Popular Posts