BAM style

Read this article in "The Wall Street Journal" and it made me tear a little considering it's my old stomping grounds. Forte Greene, the area where I lived the longest in my adult life. I experienced my first few years of marriage and experiemented fashionably. It was such an amazing time. I have no doubt that there will be more amazing years and moments in front of me - more learning curves and "so happy I could die" times...but as of now Fort Greene will hold that spot.

"Je vous aimerai toujours, Fort Greene."

Work Wear: Office Style at the Brooklyn Academy of Music

Kurt Wilberding/The Wall Street Journal
At the Brooklyn Academy of Music, a hodgepodge of the borough’s styles converges among employees with a mix of vintage clothing and dapper eyewear. Located in Brooklyn’s Fort Greene neighborhood, BAM is the oldest performing arts center in the U.S., and currently has about 190 full-time employees.

“It’s a nonprofit, so you don’t see the typical designer items,” said designer Pat Morin, who often shops at clothing reseller Beacon’s Closet. “People have to get creative.”
Publicity assistant Lauren Morrow wears a lot of her mother’s clothes. “Every time I go home, I try to find something to wear,” she said. “She’s outgrown them and is glad that they fit me.”
“It’s a very good cross-sampling of what Brooklyn looks like these days,” said BAMart curator David Harper, “from Cobble Hill, Gowanus and Red Hook to Fort Greene, Williamsburg and Canarsie. It’s a melting pot of style.”

Here are some of the fashionable employees - they have really cool jobs, too. So check them out on this site:










Popular Posts