My Life.

Happy Valentine’s Day!
I'll take another one, please. Make mine a virgin...
 
Today, I announced to my classroom that I was pregnant (I guess I’m officially announcing it here, too). It’s the day of love – one of my favorite holidays ever -  so I wanted to spread my love. PLUS, I am starting to have a bump and super tired (fashionably) of trying to hide it. All this to say, the responses were all over the place – from cheers, baby girl names, students telling other students to behave – because upsetting me could cause my baby terrible harm (student suggested death), a child telling me there are two” ways that I could be pregnant (ummmm….), and from one girl, “I thought you was just getting fatter…” (great). But the comment that was absolutely the weirdest came from one male student:

“Ms. Steel, Mary, thought that she saw a little belly, but then when I told someone in this advisory – they told me you would never have sex with your husband in order to get pregnant.” WHAT!

Hint: Same kid that said there are two ways that I could be pregnant.
 
All the other students erupt in "ewwwws," "that's so nasty," "I don't even want to picture that," and my favorite, "man, that is just offensive to tell a married woman, man, just oooofensive."

WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED HERE?!?
 
Worst announcement ever… BARTENDER! More sparkling grape juice…please.

As my mother says, "and so continues my journey..."

Popular Posts