Someone Like You

Last night, after a full day at work, an amazing/relaxing but draining aqua workout, and cooking dinner - all I wanted to do was rest. What do you know though - as soon as I climb in bed, Mike climbs in too. At first, I'm like "oh no - I know what this is..."

But he's gotta really into playing music for our baby. So, as I lay there silently (pretending to be sleep)- he says, "I wanna play this song that makes me think about you for our baby. It comes on my Pandora."

"Okay," I answer hesitantly - I just want to fall sleep.

But as the song plays, in the dark silent room, against my stomach - I literally feel like I am a character in the most romantic and beautiful movie. I cannot believe this is my life. I lay in the dark facing the man that I will love for the remainder of my life. Music playing to our baby - our baby...our...baby...God is soooooo overwhelmingly good. This moment will last with me forever. I know at that moment, our baby whether sleep or awake - felt that love. Felt the chemistry and felt assured that s/he was entering something magnificient...

This is such a beautiful time (albeit  slightly rocky for me at first), I am praying for all of the pregnant women and your babies out there - please keep me in your prayers as well.

Popular Posts