Far...far...away...

As I gobble down the last bite of my peanut butter and guava jelly sandwich and follow it up with the last drop of my hazelnut creme coffee, I can't help but think about last weekend. Mike and I stayed at a quaint Bed and Breakfast in the Poconos for our third year anniversary. It was a breath-taking experience, me and Mike and the great outdoors. Each morning we woke up to a hearty home-made breakfast of: a slice of ham, bacon, egg whites, warm croissants, fruit salad, country potatoes, and a chocolate dessert. And the delicious eats were always accompanied with fresh orange juice and piping hot coffee.

After stuffing ourselves, we would spend the day with nature. We hiked and enjoyed time in waterfalls (yes, in), we boated, ate freshly churned mint chocolate chip ice-cream, changed clothes in our car (praying no one would catch us but yet taking our time), went swimming, tried to save a baby bull frog (Mike was too late and the frog died) and allowed ourselves to be completely intertwined with one another, nature and the Lord. That weekend, I experienced love in the most simple way - my heart was literally filled with joy. When I think about our weekend, my mind starts to flood with crazy ideas like packing one bag for me and two bags for Mike (he's a bit high maintenance), hopping in the car and driving far...far...away - leaving all of our belongings and possessions in Brooklyn. But that's preposterous...isn't it? Or is it? Whether I run away or not, I'll post pictures of our get-away soon!

"There's nothing like taking a few days away from life to really
feel like you are living
."

Popular Posts