That's How Strong My Love Is...

Yes, I am moving to DC!

I know that there has been slight confusion, but I am trading in my New York stripes for a DC look....why? To be with Mike.

That simple. I have given so many excuses as to why I am moving but truthfully Mike is there - so I will be there.

I spent nine months living in New York (my dream city/state), working with incredible people, surrounded by AMAZING friends, six blocks from my family, free time to write at night, experimenting in the kitchen, eating for one (desserts instead of dinner), throwing out creative energy around my apartment, cleaning up my craft-mess when I felt like it, reading for six hours straight, watching girlie movies and reality television, doing what the heck I FELT LIKE... no one there to think about. For the first time in my life, I had my own apartment and got to completely do me.


It was invigorating and I WAS MISERABLE. May 1 Mike came home. Back to cooking for two. Back to "yeah, we can watch Sports Center for an hour, if I can watch..." Back to hearing about picking up my mess. Back to "what do you want to do?" Back to waking up an hour earlier in order to roll to work together. Back to my life.
So, why am I moving? To be with my love.

As Alicia Keys says in my favorite love song ever (I told Mike she literally wrote from my heart):

That's How Strong My Love Is...

Through the shake of an earthquake
I will never fall
That's how strong my love is
Like a ship through the storm we can risk it all
That's how strong my love is

Click here to view this love song and other love songs.

Popular Posts