You were born an original. Don't die a copy. ~John Mason

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. ~e.e. cummings, 1955

As sit in my white boyfriend jeans, red/white stripped sailor shirt, and my heeled sandals, my hair is down and I feel fly. Everything is working together perfectly. Y'all know that feeling. So, to accompany my fly, I decide to bump some old Diddy. I throw on my sunglasses, add an extra layer of lip gloss (nice and thick) and a dab more of blush. As I find the video of choice...I get stuck watchin' this Diddy video.

There are a few things cross my mind, first I am disguisted by the image of multiple women in the Didster's bedroom, then I am in awe of Nicole's beauty (I need to keep growing my hair), and then I am giggling at Diddy! I can't believe this brother thinks okay to be soooo corny! The dancing routines are ridiculous - is he serious!!! He can only do that because he is Diddy...

All of a sudden a sting of inspiration hits me! HE IS SERIOUS...and he can do it because he is true to himself! Yeah, he is a millionaire but he became a millionaire being 100% himself. He has been doing the Puff-two-step from the beginning and there is something about that realization that is incredibly refreshing! That's how I want to be...in the next three months I will be transitioning into becoming a full-time writer and my goal is that no matter where this leads, whether people love me or hate me that they know that I stayed 100% me! Hopefully this 100% includes evolution space, but still I want to make sure that I am always true to MYSELF. No second rate version of someone else! Because at the end of the day, Johann von Goethe is right, "if God had wanted me otherwise, He would have created me otherwise."




"Almost every man wastes part of his life in attempts to display qualities which he does not possess, and to gain applause which he cannot keep." ~Samuel Johnson, The Rambler, 1750

Popular Posts