Does anyone else feel really guilty about relaxing?

When you know that there is so much to do. So, I love my profession. I love everything that I do; however there seems like there is always work due. Better yet, there is always something that I can be doing - did I work out today? Did I read the Word? Write a blog post? Practice designing a cake? Read the chapter about bread production? Write thank you cards? Respond to emails? Put the dishes in the machine? Etc?

It's at the point that when I am actually relaxing I begin to feel guilty! What the heck am I doing - I should be... definitely have too much to do to be sitting around. I don't know I am starting to feel guilty about sitting down and relaxing and doing absolutely nothing - hence this post! I miss the old days where I could literally sit around watching movies eating sour patch kids all day. Where did those days go?  Why do I feel so bad about sitting around? Does anyone else feel this guilt? It's like I feel like I have to schedule relaxation time or else I'm just....I don't know... wasting my time... being unproductive.

But then again, I need to stop seeing it that way and see it as taking care of myself. I guess?!?

Popular Posts