I don't care what they say! Bad foods = pimples

http://ayushveda.com/blogs/beauty/files/2009/12/healthyfood.jpg
My mom always could look at my face and say, "Shelby, have you been eating sugar?" She would know by a small blemish on my face that I had my hands in the cookie jar! However although my face, under her care stay pretty much blemish free (EVEN in adolescence) many doctors said that it had nothing to do with what I ate! However, while researching lifestyles and healthy diets, I've run into TOO many articles, doctors, and old wise-tales to believe that mama Stone isn't right! So, I don't care what they say what you eat definitely affects your skin. High sugar foods, processed foods, sodas, and dairy (for some) can definitely result in blemishes, rashes (eczema), dull skin, and acne.*

*This doesn't mean that everyone with acne eats these foods or every one that eats these foods have pimples. BUT it does mean that along with stress, bacteria growth (i.e. dirty phone, lack of washing your face, dirty sheets, etc.), hormonal imbalance, and genetics - I believe that food definitely affects your skin and the health of your skin. 

Popular Posts