I'm starting to believe that...

http://www.mokurendojo.com/2009/06/possessions-or-power.html
Part of the reason that I get so stressed about little things is because I start to have an identity issue. At times, I put my identity into the things that I do - whether a job, a hobby, or an event. I feel like if something falls through the cracks - it's a point blank reflection of me. This is why here lately I have cut down on stress by simply taking a few steps back whenever I am about to go in to turbo gear. I usually take two minutes (preferably outdoors), breath in and out and do a quick meditation/prayer - this exercise usually includes thinking through either memories (fun times or times where I got ridiculous and God brought me out), family/friends, or just a reflection of how much bigger my life (the world) is than this one thing.

Popular Posts