I love Nerdy People

I'm just going to say it... the majority of my friends are NERDS. Yes, many of the people that I most enjoy being around are slightly if not completely nerdy. I'm attracted to people that are incredibly "book smart" in their given passion area.  When I was younger, I was the "nerd" of majority of my friends - I always wanted to be friends with the girls that cared about hair, nails, boys, and partying - THAT'S IT. However some of my friends (the ones that I am still friends with, you know who you are) even as a young lady possessed that "nerdy-cool" factor that I was absolutely attracted to. But in most of my friendship circles, I was the one that they would call nerd, dork, or "girl, it's not that deep"; however the older that I get the more that I love having conversations with people that are incredibly well-read in their passion areas.
 jennifersaylor.wordpress.com/.../
In conversations I'm always the girl spilling out information, "facts," and opinions about stats, articles, and books that I read, but now most of my loved ones can bring it right back and I am loving it. I love receiving "MUST reads" (newspaper and magazine articles, book excepts, blogs) from my friends about the latest in eduction, international politics, fashion, art, food, religion, health, etc. then going back and forth over email, phone, or in person about the article.

When talking about faith with the person that can just, "oh yeah, wasn't that David that coveted the soldiers wife?" or the friend that can look at graffiti and simply add "must be inspired by modern artist Paul Gauguin, I love how he uses..." or "as a whole the educational system has benefited from Arne Duncan, because of his --"

I don't know, I guess there is just something about having a conversation or reading an article that not only feeds your soul, but also leaves you a tad bit smarter.

Popular Posts