Going to the gym is no longer about baggy sweatpants.

On Friday (in the locker room at school), we had a conversation about how I'm trying to get my workout gear and look together. Some of the women laughed at me, while others completely understood my point. The gym is no longer a place where you can set your  fashion standards down or go without a stitch of makeup. With the fast bloom of "cutesy/sexy" workout stores, the standards in workout fashion are growing. Even this morning, while listening to the Kane show there was a discussion about the average time it takes for a woman to get ready for the gym. Many women were calling in talking about the importance of being cute in the gym. Now, I'm not going as far as wearing my "lingerie" to the gym, but I must admit that after being paid for a catering gig I went shopping for a cute workout jacket, bright sports bra, and a few cute workout tops :) What can I say, there is nothing like working out and still feeling cute enough to run to the local cafe for a refreshing drink.
http://extrabux-images-blog.s3.amazonaws.com/stylish-workout-gear.jpg
http://fashionbombdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/fashion-workout-essentials.gif

Popular Posts