Last week...

A month ago, tired and exhausted...


Was my final BIG project - it's the biggest and last thing that we do with school. It's called the final buffet. My mom, aunt Tonya, and Renny came to see me - along with Dorian and Corrine :) I will post pictures soon, but everyday last week until Saturday it was a very late night in the kitchen. I would literally just come home and go to sleep - Mike was out of town... so it was a perfect time to just grind through. This means for me - three weeks of unwinding before starting my externship at a dessert and wine restaurant. I'm hoping to get back home (Cincinnati) before it all starts up.  And of course I can't wait to hang outside EVERYDAY ALL DAY - pool, grilling dinner and breakfast, summer baking on the grill with fresh ingredients, and time reading/writing (I have a new project coming up), and loving on friends and family! Let's not forget Talisha is moving to DC for the summer!!! So, I got my T, my DC girls, and my boo - YAYAYAYA!  Then I go back to New York with my New York besties, family, and my boo! So, this is looking out to be a terrific summer.

It's so funny, I got on to talk about how much I am going to miss my mommy, auntie, and sister - it was about to be a real boo-hoo party (due to the fact that I haven't gotten great sleep - I get emotional without my sleep). But then I started thinking about all my many blessings and so now I am just happy. Nothing like thinking through your current state and forcing yourself to see the whole picture. I just taught myself a lesson in less than four paragraphs. Here are a few photos of that day - more photos coming.

The whole spread. If you look at the girl in the blue (closest to us) there are chocolates with a cigarette on top of them - I made those. 

I made the coconut passion fruit mousse cakes (yellow and white on coconut cookie) and the coffee eclairs (brown swiggly line)

Closer picture - the eclairs and the mousse cakes. 

I did the peaches - green coming out and the american flag fresh fruit tarts. 

Popular Posts