Oh my goodness, you will never believe what happened...


So, I completely disappeared, right?!? So this is why:

- Wednesday: movers come to pack me and Mike up for New York. We are supposed to have them come, pack us up, and move us into our Brooklyn apartment June 28-July 1. They tell us they are from New York and things have changed they will be dropping our stuff off tomorrow! They pack cell phone chargers and my laptop. So, Mike and I sleep on an air mattress and enjoy our last night in Maryland.

- Thursday: It's storming so we don't make it to New York until close to 3 pm. We are unpacking with the movers until midnight. I realize that I'm not as good of a minimalist as I would like to be - so Mike and I decide we have to throw away/give away much of our belongings. SIDE NOTE: We call our new place our Brooklyn cottage (it was advertised as such) - it's literally a little cottage with a huge backyard ripe for gardening, bbqing, romantic evenings, and nighttime parties.

-Friday: With my life still in boxes, bags, and all over the place - I race to my LOVES graduation (the students I taught graduated). I literally cried so much seeing my angels - my Amber is so grown now - walk across the stage! I had a Starbucks and walk around W.4th (lower west side) with an old pal and rushed home. More boxes to unpack, local cuisine to indulge in, and scrubbing...scrubbing...scrubbing...until 1:00 a.m.

Saturday: Still no wifi, television, and still a cottage not complete. So, after a crazy workout, we hopped on our bikes rode around Brooklyn sampling delicious dives (if you want REAL Brooklyn food - I'll give you a delicious rundown), searching for a huge wooden picnic table for our kitchen, and found our way at the Fort Greene for the Fort Greene festival. We literally parked our bikes and laid in the grass with hundreds of other Brooklynites until Kenny and Ashley came. We washed down the evening with an authentic Indian meal and walked back home (Mike's bike got a flat). Walking home under the stars and the loud voices was just what my soul needed.

So today, after a church, brunch, reading at the park, and produce shopping while on our way home I've found (okay Mike discovered) a spot in our backyard that gets wifi - so, I'm sitting amongst the crazy wilderness of my backyard getting bitten by all kinds of foreign bugs. Getting ready to curl up on the couch and begin reading my next novel.

Popular Posts