I have to be honest. I really miss fashion. Like I really miss it. I talk about my beloved fashion with Mike constantly - I've also asked chefs and classmates if they miss it as much as me. No one seems to.

What do I miss you ask? I miss thinking about what to wear in the mornings, I like being inspired by other people's professional wear ( I ride my bike to work and every one I work with wears an uniform), I miss...I miss going to the bathroom at work and saying to myself "great pick" and seeing "me"... I miss everything.

So, this goes to show you my happiness with the fact that its fashion week and American Express is a sponsor of FW. So Mike was able to snag us awesome seats at several shows - for example we were able to sit up close to my love Mikki Taylor, Solange, and Selita Eubanks, etc...(and I got to take a picture with Gloria and Laura from the housewives). Now although the experience of being with true fashion heads (designers, writers, editors, reality television divas) was amazing and was all the inspiration that I needed - my happiest moment came with my cousin Ashley!


She went to a few fashion shows wearing an outfit that I styled for her and made it on a few different style dot coms. Now when I first talked to her about the outfit she thought it was "different," but being the trusty lil couzzo she is - she wore it - and boy the girl was hot!

And although I have to give it to her - she designed the shirt, bought the individual pieces, and paired all the accessories - I had to give myself a little pat "still got it!"

Sometimes it takes the little things - thank you, Jesus for supplying those small nuggets that brighten my day. Hope you all are blessed with a small nugget today.

Popular Posts