If you at all know me or read this blog

 You know that so much of my identity... 90.9% rests completely in my relationships. My relationship to the Lord and my loved ones. I cannot hide this nor do I want to. That's why it should be no surprise to anyone that I feel completely liberated since my boss just let me know that I no longer have to work Sundays. Let me back up, when I signed up for my job I let them know that the only day I didn't want to work was on Sundays. I had never worked a job on a Sunday. Sundays were in true definition my Sabbath. I enjoyed church and love on Sundays. It was my day for fellowship and relaxation. Sunday brunches or large dinners with family and/or friends (whether group or individual) were the norm that started for me  since infant-hood (i know it's not a word).
BEFORE: down and out - something is missing
NOW: What Sundays are made of - church, chillin', and good food!

But once my boss let me know that I would have the opportunity to work under two different chefs - I thought "well, might as well. I'd become better at my field." So I did it. I didn't think there would be major repercussions, especially since I attended evening services and try to keep in contact with my girls. Well, I was wrong. Although I was working my dream job, I continually told Mike, the Lord, my friends, my mom, and my journal how much I felt like I was losing my identity. I thought maybe it was the lack of fashion/style, flexibility, and people interaction in my job or maybe the long hours (and some of that is true), but after prayer and searching for answers - I came to realize that a major portion of it had to do with my Sundays. So, now that I have my Sundays back - I feel liberated. And I now have taken a stance that regardless of the job, for the rest of my professional career - I'm like Chick-fil-A - NOT open for business on Sundays.


Popular Posts