Thank You Jesus for Ken and Lynne.

I had a totally different blog topic today, but just happened to run across Lil' Wayne's video and got so emotional. My stomach literally dropped, and today's coconut macaroon quickly made it up my throat,   tears flooded my eyes, and I began shaking. I know that there are a lot of jokes surrounding Lil' Wayne "teaching someone how to love," but after watching this video, I find it one of the realist and grittiest videos ever. It's funny, because after watching it my first thoughts were sadness, sadness because I know so many young women and grown women in this predicament. My second thought is "thankfulness," because this woman could easily be me.



It's funny, because I was just talking to Ashley about this - but I understand how fragile I am and was. There are some people that are not fragile at all. They know that regardless of circumstances "they would make it." Heck, I know women and men that have been dealt terrible hands and they not only survive - they flourish.  They become amazing professionals and positive parents. Me - I'm not that person.

To be honest, I learned at a very young age - eighth grade - that I am extremely fragile and the delicate balance of my life makes me appear strong. I understand that had I been touched inappropriately or dealt the hand of a neglectful parent  - I would not be the same woman I am today AT ALL. From a very early age, I was an attention craver, had a people-based self-esteem, and was attracted to "trouble" (I was the five year old curser lol) - let's just say that it took very watchful and "present" parents to keep me in line.  Parents that sacrificed time and money to make choices for me that I would not make for myself.

It took a father that parented with discipline BUT also a whole lotta sensitivity, hugs, long conversations, Valentine's gifts, and just being there and a mother that is strong and "not my friend" but yet my best friend. And a God that gave me enough "hard times" to keep me realistic, but nothing that I couldn't handle. So, I can watch this video and say, that had it not been the blessing of Ken and Lynne ( I can't even say great parents - I needed them specifically)  - I could easily would be the young woman in this video - no questions. So, when I say I'm thankful - I don't mean "oh thanks" - I mean..."thank you for my life." I, truly, understand that there are so many "better" women than me that don't know how to love and how to be loved...

Popular Posts