Whatta Life!

 

This chick has the nerve to tell me she is tired of New York.
Meanwhile, she comes into the restaurant on Memorial Day.
It's a holiday and I am working
(like every holiday and weekend for the rest of my life)
She doesn't have work today.
I am hot, sweaty, and working hard.
I work in a nice restaurant (not fancy), but nice. 
So for those that don't know about working in the kitchen: 
 I cannot wear makeup, nail polish, and I have to wear a head scarf and uniform.

ANYWAYS, this chick comes in to my job.
Wait! Let's back up - she texts me her order.
Wait! Let's back up I know her order by heart.
Brownie, strawberry ice cream, caramel sauce, whipped cream, and a cherry on top.
Everything is made from scratch -
so she is literally eating my sweat, blood (exaggeration), and tears.
Well, not literally - but figuratively - but you know what I am saying.
SO, she comes in wearing bright pink nail polish,
Peach lip stick and a mini-skirt
Feeling fresh and excited
And telling me about the three parties that she is going to.
"Whatchu doin' cous?"
Working all day.
Taking a lunch break of two boiled eggs and a banana.
"Oh, well gotta run - let's hang out tomorrow?!? Botanical gardens?"
Working again, cousin.
"Oh. Well, love you!"
Hops in the car off to a party or three for the night.

Seriously, whatta life.  

Popular Posts