Midwest Girls!

I moved to New York right after college in 2006.

This after spending two summers in New York  - doing magazine internships.

All this to say, I have been in New York/eastcoast for a long time; however as I've stated before and forever - I am a Midwest Girl!

It's funny though, because when I first moved to New York, I was constantly reminded of my Midwestern roots.

"You sound mad country." "Where are you from, I can tell you are not from here?"

However in the last two years, I really haven't had the questions. Could be my blank stare on the train, my slight smile, maybe even my body language...not sure what it is...

This has changed though in the last month to two months of my pregnancy. I cannot tell you how many people have commented on my Midwestern roots due to my pregnancy happiness. It's the weirdest thing. I have had so many people tell me, "you are so happy - you are so Midwestern," you are such a Midwestern pregnant woman," etc.

It's funny, because I know New York women that have been pregnant and they were happy and excited as well, BUT I guess Midwestern women have a rep for loving this phase...

And I must say, if pregnancy happiness is a Midwestern stereotype - then I completely fit the mold. I am totally loving pregnancy (now). The second trimester has been a blast!!! I rub my tummy (he's a kicker and calms down when we rub him), call him "my son,"I EAT (breaking some rules and gaining "too" much weight - according to the doctor),  I pamper us ( i.e. massages home and professional), I wear maternity clothes (or clothes that work with the bump), I rest A LOT, and I constantly talk about my little family of three... I am so happy. I feel beautiful. I am blessed.  It doesn't help that Mike is OBSESSED with the pregnancy, too. So, our little apartment is constantly buzzing...

And let's not get on Ken and Lynne, my cousin A.Yancey, grandma, brother/sister, and my baby loving girlfriends - they are totally pumping me up and enabling my complete and utter bliss.

Now for me to get to my "to do" list - nope, still didn't get through it - I did knock a few things, but...pray for me, Saints.









Popular Posts