My Shield...

It's crazy how God works.



My mom had a major coffee addiction when she was younger. So during all of her pregnancies - she totally lost all taste for coffee. Protection. Caffeine consumed in large quanitites is not good for the baby at all.

They say that nausea in the first trimester protects our babies from a lot of harmful foods and found that those that experience it have a lower miscarriage rate.

Then there is the emotional aspects of pregnancy - I have found that there are so many studies pointing to the emotional weight on babies. Literally, the baby is deeply affected by his/her mother's emotions, voice (yelling vs. singing), and even the chemistry between mom and dad.

All that said, I have found my emotions and moods completely stabilizing (not so much on the road- I find I really have to work on road rage). But as far as stress, negative transference, and overall purposeless negativity - it's like the Lord is literally balancing me out. It's crazy...I literally have a block up. Yes, there is some trying involved - but there is a calming force - a peace that completely inhabits my body. My entire body just gets really calm and I just sit there in the eye of the storm.

It's so amazing. It makes me feel so close to the Lord....

And can I be frank...there is another little peaceful secret: I've been watching 19 and Counting.

There isn't anything more soothing than watching the Duggar family serve, sing, and eat big family meals...

Popular Posts