Red Lobster

Was my absolute favorite restaurant. Story goes (my father tells me it always) - when my parents announced my mother's pregnancy with Kenny - I was all smiles. Happy to be a big sister. Then one day, while driving home, my father told me that we would not be able to frequent Red Lobster as often as we were when Kenny was born. He listened for my response and all he got was a fragile "okay" with a sniffle. He looks in the rearview mirror and I am looking out of the window...tears slowly gliding down my face. He tapped my mother and she looked at me, too. They silently looked at one another and my father began making his way to Red Lobster - it broke his heart.

To this day, we still go on daddy/daughter dates there. This Easter, Mike and I found ourselves at a Red Lobster - wanted to share with our son a little bit of home...comfort love food.

I enjoyed it too much and ended up getting a tummy ache...but GOODNESS gracious it was worth it :)

Popular Posts