Pet Peeve Time

I absolutely hate when there is an empty theater and someone decides to sit directly behind me, right by me or even right in front of me! When I go to the movies, I make it an event. I love getting there earlier (snacks in tow - popcorn, diet coke, and Reece pieces) and grading all the previews. Sometimes, I enjoy getting there really early and having a good conversation, reading a magazine, or simply sitting there in the empty theater.

There is something absolutely perfect about sitting in an empty clean theater, all the lights dim, drinking a huge Diet coke (or hot beverage in the fall or winter months), enjoying a sweet treat, having a good conversation or sitting in the theater with a fashion magazine, and watching people come into the movies (I love people watching).

With all this space - do you have to sit by me?


I love feeling completely free in the movies, whether I want to put my feet up, put my bag and coat in the seat right beside me, or simply lean all the way back in my chair without you kicking me. I don't mind the audience creating sound effects, but I don't want to hear your whispers or your talking right beside me. Like please allow me and my friend (family, Mike) enjoy this movie together - YOU ARE NOT INCLUDED IN OUR PARTY. I don't want to hear, feel, smell (your movie theater hot dog) or see you.

Popular Posts