So funny what a little compliment can do.

Last week during, "Coffee and Chat with Shelby" at the senior center my conversation was on "LOVE" and how we can show love daily - and do you know that about seven of my seniors talked about people complimenting them as a way that someone has shown them love :)

Just a simple, "wow, you look pretty today" made their day, especially considering that many of them have spouses that have passed and children that have moved away. So a simple compliment from a stranger was a huge deal to them. 

Heck, a few weeks ago someone changed my view about my body:  

So, Mike loves my legs. Me on the other hand, I've always thought my legs were short... simply short and husky. I never had a problem with them, but also was never in love with them. Okay...okay...you got me, I used to want a gap in between my upper thighs and for my thighs to be a lotta little bit firmer.

However, the other day one of Mike's classmates asked him, "Hey, did Shelby play college softball?"

Mike is like, "no, why do you think that?"

Classmate, "Because she is shaped like it, especially her legs... they are like a softball player's legs."

Mike was like, it was a very awkward conversation. Ha!

But I must say, "thank God for giving people the courage to have awkward conversations," because now I can't help but give a little smile at my legs every time I look into the mirror. I even have the nerve (when trying to be sexy) to say, "now, baby look at these softball player legs..." (I'll stop there).

I guess my point is, sometimes giving people a compliment can be awkward and it's a bit humbling (because you don't know what the response is going to be), but that little awkward moment may just make someone's day (life). At the end of the day, it's funny what a little compliment can do!



Thought this was cute.

Popular Posts