S.A.D.

 Mike literally thinks that the seasons change my mood - drastically. Like if either one of us were into diagnoses - he would say that I had a mild case of Seasonal affective disorder.

But the truth is we both know that I don't have SAD and it's not just the weather that perks me up. I'M an outdoors girl. I enjoy the things that Spring, Fall, and Summer offer - more than those of Winter. All though I love Mother Winter - she provides a time of cleaning, rest, and my favorite HOLIDAYS!!!

It's just that I was BORN and RAISED (it natural and I've been nurtured) outside - and my two siblings, Kenny and Renny are the same way!

  • Water is our love - swim team, every day lounging by the pool...until my mother made me get a job...so I became a lifeguard...so AGAIN every day lounging by the pool. My siblings followed suit - swim team, lifeguards, swim instructors, leisure time around water.
  • Outdoor family time - when it's warm enough - dad will be on the grill. I don't remember the last [Spring/Summer/early Fall] indoor meal, I had at the parents' house. If it's chilly, pile on the coats and mom is bringing out some toasty drinks. If it's too hot - iced drinks, homemade ice cream, and later a dip in the pool. 
  • Food - ummmmm....summer, spring, and early fall is FRESH food. I love it. It all takes literally less than 15 min. to cook (if cooking is involved). Too many blueberries at the market? SMOOTHIE or (now) ice cream!
  • Market trips - green markets...my mom has been taking us to green markets since we were in strollers. I LOVE them. Loud music, lots of people, fresh foods, crazy hippies (let's talk peace man!), cheaper prices, people that KNOW about and Love food. 
  • Hiking/Bike Riding/Walking: I love the activities. I love being outside. I love nature (not big RAT running out of the garbage nature). I love hikes. I love being free.  And active. I love how my body transforms as my transportation. I no longer need the car, the subway, or bus for walks for travels within four to five miles (unless there is a highway involved). 
  • Inspiration/Reflection: I love waking up and having my coffee with the loud BK birds (Aves), the snails (after a morning rain), the street cats (including Simba - yes, we still see him), and the dog my neighbor leaves outside all day. I feel so inspired to create in beautiful weather - maybe it's feeding off of others' energy - but I love it. I feel closer to God and nature. I  feel inspired about fashion, food, dessert ideas, and home decor. I feel inspired by books. I feel inspired by life.

Popular Posts