Who is this woman?

Who's that girl...la. la. la. la. la. lala..Shel-by's that girl...la
After dinner, Mike and I decided to take a walk and somehow we wondered into this hippister/prepster/afro-wine/coffee/juice/beer lounge/cafe...

BACK STORY: Here lately, I've been bugging Mike about our non-existent flirt life. Like not, sex, sweet-nothings, romance...but pure unadulterated flirting sessions. Like flirting sessions where the conversation is saturated with innuendos.

BACK TO THE STORY: Anyways, we hit this odd mixture of all things Brooklyn (the merging of old meets new and they fall in love). As we walk in the mood hits me. I begin to flirt. At first Mike is taken a back and resorts to his comfort zone - talking about work and all things familiar. But instead of interrupt my flirting to tell him what I'm doing - "Mike, really, you can't just pretend we are on the first date!!!" - I continue.

Then what do you know, he starts to get it. But he's not flirting with me in the way that I assumed he would. His style is more rugged, more brusque, and more "woman, you need to impress me." He's no longer leaning towards me, but he's back in his seat looking at me with distant, but interested eyes. I don't know this man, but I like him...

I jump on it. I feel myself transform. My black jeans, fitted black top, and leopard flats - no longer feel thrown on - but a purposeful representation of who I am. I'm no longer a baker that needs to go to bed soon. I have a mischievous smile, my eyes say it all, and I say things like "your wish is my command" with a little nibble of my bottom lip. I become aware of my tattoo, piercings, and leather jacket. My hair continues to fall towards my face at all the right moments and I'm witty! So dern clever...

There were even a few times throughout the coffee date that I saw a "linger smile" on Mike's face - you know, one of those smiles that you can't hold back - even though the moment has passed. Twice I looked away, only to meet his eyes, again, still staring at me - a look of "wanting" all over his face.

To be honest, I don't know who that woman was, but what I do know is (A.)  I loved her (B.) want to be her more often (C.) she has no limits (at one moment - I said something that prompted a strong kissing session in the middle of the cafe) ...

But all in all, the best part of the evening was... going to Mike's apartment  - proving that I wasn't all talk (D. - she's very "free")... and knowing that I never had to leave...

Popular Posts