Creating Boundaries

Today was the last day of my first week at my new job. It was a very good week. I did a great job of balance - home cooked meals, exercise, a date (football game), and I spent QT with the hubs. I'm exhausted though today. I needed to make myself feel okay for not going to the gym - so I skyped with my little sister. There is nothing that brings me back to "what counts" than speaking with my little sister. Seeing her in our old room with a cup of coffee and a book - reminds me of what's important and who I am...




I am super excited about where God has me, now. I literally feel like I am here to stay for a long time, but with that said, I need to learn how to calm down and let Him. I need to take my time with this stuff - it's not a race - it's not  a competition. I need to learn that I work to live not live to work. It's a blessing loving what you do - but it's not my identity. And something I learned this week - I have to separate. One bad encounter should not mess up my day or leave a mark on every other encounter after that. I don't want to fall back into my old ways - grinding until I burn out... putting way too much into work...I need to create healthy sustainable boundaries...

Popular Posts