Colors of the Rainbow: Mommy Grind

Never thought my life would look like an Excel document with everything color coordinated and organized - literally every moment "pumping" times are in purple (for personal). It gets real!

Okay, maybe I did know that my life would look like this - I've always been a list keeper, calendar maker, color coordinator and rank high on organization-ratings. Yaya one of the reasons that I got accepted into and to work at Teach For America. At school and work, I am someone that needs everything documented in order to keep my head from popping off - everything has it's place and it's moment...but here lately it's been obsessive...and it's pouring into my home life.

I literally doc every minute of my life - including my free time. I've even gone as far as to send grey calendar dates to Mike about family time, date nights, and couple's biblestudy. I send myself dinner invites - just to remember what I am cooking that night. So that when I walk in - I know what to take out, what to put on the stove, and in what order. I know everything that needs to happen while I have Ms. W with me.

Once that is finished - I have green "Neiko" time. Cuddles, laughs, and many, many, many kisses.

To be honest, I always saw myself as more of a free spirit - yes, I know what the personality tests say - but I know that I can relax and flow with the best of them. With that said, this obsessive scheduling feels against my spirit - but yet the scheduling has allowed me to be free.

It reminds me that if I literally keep my head down and chug during my yellow "work" times - I can enjoy two hours of unlimited baby boy grrrrs and aaauuugghhs and some sweet kisses from the hubby. It allows me to cook five to six times a week and to have some time to just think (or betteryet not think).

Heck, without the organization - I would literally run around like a chicken with it's head chopped off (I hate saying that - poor chicken). That said, I have to rush off - my 15 min. pink brain break is over :)

Peace, love and happiness...


Popular Posts