Reflections

As I sit in my cozy apartment - there are little toy sets on the floor, two crockpots going, fresh brewed decaf, and muffins in the oven - I can't help but think about last week. This weekend, I had texts, calls and emails flooding in - question:

How was your first week back to work?

I, honestly, think that there were a few caring women that were afraid for my mental state (and complete dependency on my baby boy). Well, there is nothing to fear - I LOVED IT.

I absolutely adored my first week back. This is not to say, every week will feel like this one (I haven't started my teaching load, yet). But being a working mother and wife felt great to me.

I remember after I got married - saying, that married life was the life for me. I know that it's not for everyone and I know that some people may find me "weak" and "old fashioned" for this admittance... but it's true.

Here are some highlights of my week (besides seeing my students and coming home to see my sweet baby boy at 4:30 sharp) & and with every week there are also some "darn-really" moments:

  • HIGHLIGHT: Home picnic with the boys (eating food and drinking wine on a cover spread in the middle of the floor). Sweet moment is when Neiko fell asleep on a pillow right  in the middle of Mike and I...we were so excited about our romantic time...until I fell asleep 15 min. later - Mike had to carry us both to bed.
  • HIGHLIGHT: Testing a young boy's reading level and I ask, "are you ready?" his response, "I was born ready!" Serious face. PRREECIOUS. I love my stinkin' job.
  • HIGHLIGHT: Trader Joes on an early fall Saturday morning - such a tranquil experience...
  • HIGHLIGHT: Technically it was this week (Sunday) - but sitting at a bar with my lil'cousin listening to college favorites...only thing is that this time she had the beer and I had a pop... funny how things change
  • REALLY?!? I am visited by the red sea while at brunch with girlfriends after a year of complete peace... welcome back heating pad, advil...and my friend, bloatation. DERN you, pumping (instead of BF) during the day!!!
  • REALLY?!? Spilling some of my bm - I actually wanted to cry over spilled milk...
  • HIGHLIGHT: Mike and I realizing that our son loves to have "me" time - literally he gives a certain whimper and we know it's time to put him in his cradle. He lays back there staring out of the window, arms outstretched, pacie in his mouth, and slowly falls asleep by himself. CUTEST thing in the world...

Popular Posts