Reading


I've been reading like cray cray lately. That said, I am going to commit to doing something that I rarely do - I am about to read a "businessy" nonfiction - Lean In. I'm so intrigued and here lately women's issues have become my obsession and a major passion area. I have been searching for heroines. Literally scouring books, magazines, newspapers, documentaries, and television shows for women's issues and advice.

It's about becoming a mother - I have this new perspective on everything. It's like I don't want to work for nothing.

I don't want to be away from my child for nothing - I want to be compensated, respected, and I want to feel good about my skills being used.  As someone that will most likely be a working mother for a while (East coast living and God's plan)  - I want to make sure that I am not out here being mistreated or being discriminated against. I also have dealt a lot with professional doubts and fears and I am tired of being in this space. My father (and Mike) is also tired of me being in this space.  It's a space that apparently a lot of women are in and I am ready to break free. I want to make sure that whether I am a teacher, a writer, whatever - I am an advocate for myself and other women.

Popular Posts