Seven Years


Seven years ago, I packed two duffle bags and loaded a plane to Philly. My final destination was New York. I left the only life that I'd known -  the people, the culture, the lifestyle of Ohio. I boarded a plane in order to live in New York, where I literally knew no one.

The blessing though was that on my way to New York - I would be stopping in Philly. Mike had made the same transition  five months earlier - he moved from Ohio (all he knew) to Philly (where he knew one person). He didn't have anyone to help him with his move or meet him at the airport. But as with the pattern of our relationship, my handsome angel was there to make my move easier. 

We spent two days of pure bliss in Philly - Mike lived in a rad pad!  On the third day, we drove up to New York. We had to stop three times for Chamomile tea - my stomach was in knots. Once we got to the destination, like my freshman year of college, I cried like a baby in Mike's arms and begged him not to leave me. The scene was so familiar. Again, like college, I was being dropped off at a dorm - unsure of what lay before me. 

Little did I know...some of the best days of my life...in seven years I've married the love of my life, fell in love with Brooklyn, watched as my brother, two cousins, and close friends have moved up here, met some of my favorite women in the world, found myself, grabbed at my dreams, and now looking forward to being a mommy. God is good. I can't wait to see what lies ahead in the next seven years.

Sidenote: Thanks for your kind words from yesterday :) I definitely went home - nuzzled up and listened to the rain (and had Mike's tacos) - this mornig I am a productive machine. Feels really good. Be blessed.

xoxoxo



Popular Posts