The glow of "laziness"


People constantly talk to me about my "pregnancy" glow - strangers, colleagues, and friends/family.

Do I love pregnancy - Absolutely! I adore it. I am in Heaven - I'm constantly thanking Jesus for this ultimate blessing. 

That said, it's not just pregnancy that is giving me this glow. The secret to my glow (besides Mac's highlighter)  is enjoying the lost art of doing nothingness. Seriously. 

I have written about it before and I will continue to talk about it - I am someone that completely needs downtime. I have friends that are most fabulous after going out all night, working a full shift, hanging out and never sitting down. I adore and admire those people. In fact, I am married to a "doer" - I am the daughter of a "doer."

I have tried for years to keep up with my movers and shakers and pregnancy has given me an excuse not to. The moment that I decided to listen to my body and mind and start to relish my rest was the moment that my pregnancy went from blah to bliss. 

All this to say, as much as I (and the east coast - heck all of America) adore the movers and the shakers - some of us are at our best in leisure. So like the slow-cook movement, vintage clothes, and black and white movies - I'm bringing back the art of doing nothing. Sitting around eating cheese and crackers (with a little apricot jam).


 Time to take walks (instead of all day gym sessions), to sit on park benches and think (instead of running around), and to take time to write and drink tea. Well enough of this, I have a... well I have an appointment with myself. I must keep up the laziness glow. 

All my love, 
SSS

Popular Posts