This morning

I woke up with the humidifier, cough drops, box of tissues, and water by my bed side. Rough night last night - I had a terrible cold. 

However this morning's swim, brought me to my happy place. The water was crisp - on the cusp of freezing. Reminds me of early morning swim team practice. It literally hurts getting in - we all have blue lips - but by the fourth lap all is better. 

I remember my mom used to wake us up so early. I would always walk out of my room to pacify her and climb right in bed with my dad - where I'd get ten extra cozy minutes of sleep. Then it would be time to wake up for good - so I'd stumble into the bathroom - clean up and throw on my bathing suit. Breakfast consisted of toast and orange juice. I'd have 5 extra minutes of zzzzs in the car - then a day full of pool activities. Get home for dinner and start it all over again. Life was so simple... 

Peace, 
SSS

Popular Posts