No more candy

Sweets are my love, but I think I'm becoming addicted. With the lack of sleep - it's becoming too much. I crave sugar at every turn - from my daily chocolate biscotti in the morning to my chocolate ice cream cone at night. I even found myself eating our chocolate toffee sticks (for the flavoring of coffee and tea) without anything hot.

Major Red flag: 

Saw a young man eating a pack of sugar - Mike was disgusted "who eats raw sugar?!?" I was really upset that he litered but as for the sugar eating I thought "that doesn't look too bad."

With all the added sugar in our foods, I have to cut down on my sugar eating. 

Here is a little article that really pushed my need to get it together: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristin-kirkpatrick-ms-rd-ld/dangers-of-sugar_b_3658061.html

10 Things You Don't Know About Sugar (And What You Don't Know Could Hurt You)

Posted: Kristin Kirkpatrick, M.S., R.D., L.D

Excessive sugar in the diet is not the best idea when it comes to healthy living. Nonetheless, few of us are consuming sugar in recommended moderate amounts and most of us are eating tons of it. In fact, worldwide we are consuming about 500 extra calories a day from sugar. That's just about what you would need to consume if you wanted to gain a pound a week. Most people know that sugar is not good for them, but for some reason, they think the risk of excess sugar consumption is less than that of having too much saturated and trans fat, sodium or calories. Perhaps it's sugar's lack of sodium or fat that make it the "lesser of several evils," or perhaps people are simply of the mind frame that what they don't know won't hurt them. If you really knew what it was doing to your body, though, you might just put it at the top of your "foods to avoid" list. Here are ten things that may surprise you about sugar.

Popular Posts