The diary of a working mother

Remember how I said I didn't mind swimming in a sea of to-dos? Well now, I'm drowning. I have to go back to square one for childcare. I have to have a conversation with the boss about next steps. I need to organize myself professionally. Stop gaining weight. All while having a baby. Welcome to the journey of a working Mother. 

Neiko's face says it all. 

I definitely see now that I romanticized the idea. Seeing myself run through the streets in high heels, a briefcase, and the baby was exhilarating and completely make-believe. In my fantasies, my baby was smiling my hair was flying through the wind, and my outfit was ridiculously on point. I was in control. 

I still feel like the Lord has this season for me to work - but I now realize there is a lot to juggle. The reality is the running may make Neiko puke, the heels may make me trip, and my briefcase may open spilling my paperwork everywhere. In this new journey there will be days of flowing hair and smiling babies, but there are also days of spilled papers and outfits with puke on them. Let the adventures begin!

Popular Posts