In Another lifetime: Part III

Read part I and part II before reading this or just click "Digital Novella" on the right to read all three parts together.

“Yeah, he just didn’t call,” I announced over dinner with five of my girlfriends. My girls and I were sitting around a table in my living room. My friends brought wine that accompanied my chicken parmigiana, salad, rolls and a chocolaty dessert with an untouched bowl of fruit (no actually Tana had her fruit with the dessert).

We were devouring our desserts…when Malisha blurted out,“Maybe, he was just hungry and you were there…maybe it’s not something that you did.”

“I guess,” I replied

“It’s not like you would have dated him for long…girl, you know you have trends,” said Tana.

Silence.

“It’s just that you are really independent and dating doesn’t seem your top priority,” realizing that I was no longer smiling in fact I was probably turning red out of frustration, Fancy added to her comment quickly, “which makes sense because you are such a hard worker, I mean look at college, your post-college jobs… YOU lived in Paris for goodness sakes. You don’t have time for these dudes out here! They are about nonsense.”

I hated when my friends threw in Paris like it was this amazing experience that I earned due to being excellent, which was not the case.

After college, I went directly to working at the local newspaper and on weekends would work at the library. I loved the work but wanted to pursue my dreams at the “big city magazines.” So after two years of working hard, networking, building my stories, I went off to the big city…New York. After working at a New York magazine for two years and a half, due to an awful romantic situation and pure curiosity, I decided to accompany a famous magazine editor-in-chief to Paris as her personal assistant. This meant taking her children to their summer programs, tutoring the children, hanging out with the chiefs in her family mansion, eventually being her personal shopper (fashion and interior)…I was her laundress. I took care of her life, which was great for me because I am obsessed with organization, staying busy and everything having it's place. I did this for a little over a year and then I came back to New York City.

“Girl, you are not missing anything…you know how crazy these dudes are…you’ve had your experiences,” Stine said interrupting my thoughts.

And we all knew what she was referring to and she was right. I definitely had my experiences.

Part IV. coming soon...

Popular Posts