In another lifetime: Part I

10:00 pm

"Mom, I know...I know...I know. I'm just not interested in love right now. I am focused on my career. I just got back from Paris and getting settled in New York...in a new job. I feel crazy stressed and most women at 27 haven't found the one. I am just not interested right now. I am not lonely. Yes, I have dated. Yes, I am Christian dating. Please tell dad, I cannot have them meet him...when he is 10 hours away."

"Yeah...yeah...yeah...I know, you are worried about me. Yes, I heard about Carrie's wedding. Yep, I grabbed something on my way home. A slice of pizza. Yes, I ate while I was walking. No caffeine after 3:00 pm. I have cut back on my coffee intake. Three cups a day. No that doesn't include other caffeinated beverages. I will get to bed before midnight tonight. I will. How...yup."

"Love you, too. Bye."

Shoot an hour worth of sketching. No, biggie nothing that a glass of wine and Norah Jones can't fix. I cannot wait until I own my line. I can't believe he said that this design wasn't what we were going for...JERK.

5:00 am

BEEP...BEEP...BEEP...

It's time already! BLAH. I can't open my eyes. Shoot class starts at 6:00 am. Coffee machine is on, teeth brushed, what am I going to do with my hair. I should have cut it, mid-back length and wild is too much. I am going to get it faded, that's it. But as of now a high ponytail it is. WHERE IS MY MAT for class! CRAP. Work clothes...it's a design day, so I have to pack my: ripped jeans (from being worn so many times), favorite gray v-neck t-shirt (it used to be black), Blazer sneakers, scarf, clean cotton undies and my favorite Jergens lotion. Leather jacket today. All set.

"God, please watch over my family, help me have a good day, and help me stay focused...guide my steps. "

KEYS...keys...keys...perfect.

8:00 am

Work. Focused. Focused. Focused. All of my designs will be perfect. No complaints.

8:00 pm

"Alright girls. Talk to you tomorrow! I gotta run or else my sushi spot will be closed and I have been dreaming about sushi all day. And you know I don't want to go to the nasty sushi spot by the laundry mat. Yes, I am sure that I cannot go with y'all...I cannot afford your lifestyle. You see my huge headphones on...I am already being consumed by my music. Love y'all."

8:15 pm

Yes! A seat and hey by a cute guy. NICE. He has a John Legend feel.

"Hi. Yes, I love reading classic novels. No it's not too heavy for me to carry..hahah. Yes, I have read his short stories. I did enjoy them. This is me. I don't have a card, sorry. Enjoy your night."

Not feelin' him. Just not my time.

9:03 pm

No, I can't believe that I missed it. Now what am I going to eat...please see me and let me in! Please see me and let me in...

"Dag, it's closed,"

"Yeah, can you..." wow, he is gorgeous. Speak...Shelby...Speak, "believe it. It's closed."

"There is a good place two streets down, over there by"

"The laundry mat."

"Exactly, since I know you haven't eaten and I haven't eaten...why don't we go together."

"I don't even know your name?"

"It's Mike. Mike Steel and yours?"

"My name is Shelby. Shelby Stone."

Part II coming soon...

Popular Posts