Shopping with Shelby: Digital Version

My cousin wanted tips on finding an affordable long-sleeve sequin dress and I just got this e-mail, so I wanted to solve the fashion questions at one time:

Hey Shelby,

I am messaging you bc I need for fashion assistance. I'm Tina Turner for a law school performance and I can't find a dress. I want sequins and fun but I'm on a law student budget--real talk! I tried forever 21 but I can't fit their stuff--and I feel like I went everywhere--express too. I don't want something too tight--and I don't want to be self-conscious. But I want it to be shiny! I love the French connection dresses you guys had on in your blog pics but that is wayyyy too expensive for me..thoughts? I'd appreciate it!

So my mission was to find some cute sequin outfits that would look killer in the club, on a date, or out with the girls. So Tina Turner costumes were OUT! All a while knowing that if she adds a Tina wig, fishnet stockings, massive red lip stick and really high heels - she would transform to Tina. Meanwhile sprinkling long sleeve minis in there for my cousin.  Also, taking my "client" in mind, knowing she doesn't want to wear a tight dress (which Tina is known for), but she still wanted to own the Tina look and have fun. All under $70... which anyone that enjoys the sequin trend knows is almost impossible... this is a very expensive trend! Let's see how I did. 

Inspiration:



AffordableOptions:

Tina look: Silver sequin dress -$68 
Click here to purchase

Cousin: For the long sleeve look - 45.00  
Click here to purchase

For Tina Look: black sequin pants suit - $40.00
Click here to purchase

Cousin: another long sleeve look - $35.00
Click here to purchase 
For a Tina Turner look you can wear on a date:
Pair the following top ($49)with leather or sequin leggings. 


Tina Turner Look: a sequins look that's not tight - $39
Click here to purchase
CUTE LOOK ALERT: This one may not be affordable but it's SO stinkin' cute - $150
Click here to purchase
Combo Tina Look: Off the shoulder silver sequins fun and not tight - $45
Click here to purchase
ASOS Sequin Sparkly One Shoulder Dress

Tina Turner Look: Pair this dress with a jean jacket decorated in buttons (and leggings) - $35.00
Click here to purchase.
Mango Sequin Print Strapless Dress

Because y'all know I can't help but look for a lil' somem somem for me:
5.16 Elongated Shoulder Sequin Panel Dress
But I can't cause it's $190.00

Life...



Popular Posts