Inspiration: Rachel Roy

So, a ridiculous fact about me. My office cubicle, home work area (the "design center"), and desktop are saturated with images that inspire me. Most of these images, words and pictures -I've sketched, designed, pulled them from printed sources, scanned them or simply printed them out. Sometimes these images are of people that inspire me, whether famous, loved ones, or people hustling like me.

To be honest, I feel very FREE when I am creating something and the images usually remind me of passion and my ambition to let the creativity free in everything that I do. Therefore, it's no wonder that when I stumbled onto Vogue videos my heart rejoiced. I mean, this is the girl first in line to see "The September Issue" dragging Mike behind me the whole way there..."babe, I will see it for you."

So, the first designer that I searched for was Rachel Roy because I find her to be so stinkin' inspiring. I love her style, clothes and dedication to her girls. I could do without her husband, BUT hey what do I know? Damon Dash also dated another one of my icons: Aaliyah...




Click here to watch her Vogue Video, it's like a 5 min. inspiration jolt:
http://www.vogue.tv/default.htm#Watch/Video_Player/2/368

Hope you enjoy,
Shelby S.

Popular Posts