Diary Entry:


Monday, September 28, 2009

I am listening to;
Ingrid Michaelson's "Lady in Spain" and answering a reflection guide and the question that I am answering is:


When I'm feeling most alive and like myself,

In a library sitting by myself listening to music and writing.

Sitting across Mike at Barnes and Noble sharing a tasty dessert, reading a magazine or a book,
with frequent interruptions and a sip of coffee.

At an outside cafe. Sitting there in my thoughts. Watching people walk by.

Before a movie. Sitting in the theatre. Super early. Pulling treats out my purse. Perfect seats. Magazine or book in hand.

Walking home after taking the train in warm but chilly weather. Book/Magazine under my arm. Home here I come.

After and during a long run. I've dreamed and pushed myself the whole time. I am tired but finished.

On fall afternoons after "QT" time with Mike, a delicious brunch and football on. Computer or book in my lap.

After overcoming an obstacle (weird I know)

After a great day in the classroom. Break through. Students learned while enjoyed the lesson.

In church during worship and praise. Hands in the air. Tears flooding down my cheeks (movies and church move me every time). Thinking about my relationship with God, my family, friends, myself...blessings.

Under the water (while swimming laps). No sound. No visuals. Just me and the water.


Sitting around the table with family...anything with family...loud. craziness. chaos. laughter. arguements. tears. smiles. perfection.


"Keepin' it real" convos with my girls. Life changing discussion. The ones where I leave thinking "thank you Jesus, for them/her."


Sketching. Painting. Writing. Cooking. CREATING. My vision. My project. ME.


Picking out clothes for other people. The smile on their faces when they see themselves...auuughhh. Job well-done.


WHEN DO YOU FEEL THE MOST ALIVE?

Popular Posts