NEW SEGMENT: Shopping with Shelby

So this is a new concept, but it's ALL ORIGINAL AND DONE FIRST HERE! It's about me helping with shopping dilemmas. This idea stemmed from my friends, acquaintances, colleagues, readers and people I don't know well asking me, "when are you going to shop for me" or "what should I wear for..."

AND to be honest, I LOVE THOSE QUESTIONS. The last three years have been my longest stint without fashion in my life (work and writing) and I miss it dearly. I miss putting outfits together for others. Even for my mom, who once let me go shopping for her as her personal stylist...it was one of my favorite days! She was in a fashion rut and was willing to let me shop for her...perfection. So, now on my blog, I will be putting outfits together for others.

The first segment is my sister, Renny and cousin, Whitney. We wanted to find some cute "dressy" dresses that fit perfectly on their bodies and made them feel mature while still young. So I took them to French Connection and this is what we got:

SEQUINS - every girl older than 18 should have something with sequins...it's HUGE this season! She could rock these with or without some back stockings and high heeled black or dark teal booties. Or without stockings and wear nude high heels. Hair up and minimal jewelery.

One shoulder look - it's another HUGE trend this season that's cute and flirty. I would love this dress with a nude shoe (to elongate the leg) or a black strappy shoe (to match the interior of the dress).

My sister is 18, so I wanted something pink and flirty
While my cousin who is 19 and in college, I wanted something sequins and colorful while maintaining a classic dark color.

Both girls gave me bigger sizes...but I went behind their back and picked out smaller sizes...ladies DO NOT go too big in your dresses!

And then after all that hard work...I had to try on the long sleeved mini-dress in black sequins. That one's for me, please :) I would wear some black tights and black booties or no tights and nude shoes. Hair can be worn in many different styles...BUT minimal jewelery.

Example of NUDE heels
http://static.busywithstyle.com/busywithstyle.com/imgname--the_incredible_nude_shoe---50226711--bruno.jpghttp://s3.amazonaws.com/stylehive/blog/uploads/ms_nude_shoe.jpghttps://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEinSoID19KNaWAo59gKc6mPyMAKFgpXjiCZipC2uPj0sofxN2ypxk4G3LvWZ53hG3BzRfzGOUMKHoKDbUrtOEocUU7gUeLGWVMg5lzDjaraUX5e-0BgR7qwHvUJUN0z6U096xV8JxOHm6LT/s400/Nude+Shoes.jpghttp://whatshaute.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/kim-kardashian-christian.jpg


Popular Posts