As soon as Charles sent them, I watched them!

My friend, Charles sent me the links to those youtube videos. The last two were about black marriage negotiations. It's funny, because I just don't know if I buy it. I believe that all women and men have unrealistic expectations from marriage. I mean, clearly, men of all races want to believe that their wives will always look like they are in their 20s or mid-30s?!? I mean, if they didn't there wouldn't be so many WOMEN getting their noses done, aging treatments, etc. LET'S FACE IT - WE ARE A NATION OBSESSED WITH OUR 20S. Little girls like to look like they are in their 20s and old women dress like they are in their 20s. Everyone is wearing that mini-skirt and backless dress (unfortunately). But yeah, I thought these videos were interesting none-the-less. I truly believe these videos are not just "black" negotiations, but "marriage" these days. We are all getting pickier, more superficial, more selfish (what can this person do for me instead of how can we make each other better)...

A lot of people want their sig. others to come to the table with their perfect resume instead of grinding it out together, which makes sense if you are getting married in your 40s. But to expect for someone to be CRAZY successful by their late 20s... ummmmmm .... it can happen, but seems unrealistic to me.



Part II

Popular Posts