What's REALLY going on?

Kelly Rowland TV personality Kim Kardashian and singer Kelly Rowland attends Jill Stuart Spring 2010 fashion show at The New York Public Library on September 14, 2009 in New York, New York.
Both of these women are single, but the only one that "CAN'T GET A MAN" is Kelly?

Yesterday when I was driving, I was listening to the Michael Baisden show and he asked a killer question:

White and Latina women are single too! Why does the media only portray black women as the only group having challenges finding a good man?

He then asked the white and Asian women to call in and tell us why they think that they are single.  I thought that was a great question, because I often wonder, "why the world isn't diagnosing other [races of] women with all the "unattractive" qualities that they are black women."  

Enter my rant

Like there are television shows, radio programs, magazine articles, blogs, books, etc. all dedicated to the issues that black women bring into relationships. This presents my other issue that all of these "sources" lump all black women into one - we ALLLLL have too much mouth, we ALLLL have attitudes, NONE OF US workout, getting one's hair wet is an issue for EVERY SINGLE black woman and CLEARLY there aren't any white women with attitudes, no Latina women with too much mouth, every Asian woman loves to workout....  

I mean really, I have white girlfriends that are single. I have black friends that are married. I mean why is the only woman being dissected by society (IN A NEGATIVE WAY) black?


Popular Posts