Going Natural

My cousin talks about going natural like the process alone set her free. She talks about how it freed her mind and how she really feels like "herself" now. And it's funny, I have so many friends that feel the same way. Even when I was debating which way I wanted to go - there were so many comments about how "liberating" going natural is. And although I heard everyone, to be honest, I didn't feel that way. This is possibly because everyone close to me thought that my hair looked better straight (I am a fan of slick straight hair as well). Anyways, the other day I was thinking about going to the salon and getting an official relaxer, but then someone sent me this video that made me rethink my decision. One thing I will say is at the end of this video, she says that it's "cheaper" to go natural - THAT IS NOT MY EXPERIENCE. Anyways, thought y'all would enjoy this video.

This is also an educational video for those that don't understand what a "sistah" means when she talks about her natural hair journey...

muah.

Popular Posts