I am addicted to Fancyayancey.wordpress.com

After this picture and (three more hours of fun), Ashley and I had a ridiculous argument over hotel rooms. Next morning, we were playing together at the beach... lol.  

There are way too many times that I go to talk about my cousin "Ashley" and the response is, "wait... you mean...A.Yancey from the blog?"

I've even had people approach me about our constant dialogue in the comments section of my blog - "your post was good, but I was dying at you and A.Yancey!"

And I hate admitting this but I've even had people tell me that they enjoy reading her comments -really that's what you took away from a post that I poured my time, sweat, and heart out onto - you thought that A.Yancey's comment was hilarious. Whatevs?!?!

So a little background on me and Ashley:
My girls - me, Renny (my little sister) and Ashley. We are enjoying loud music, Margaritas, and a family celebration. This is a perfect moment! Look at my dad and grandma in the back - pure fun. 
A. Yancey is my cousin, one of my younger sisters (Renny is my other baby sister), one of my closest friends, my arch-enemy (lol), and one of the funniest people in my life.

When she was born our love/like/strongly dislike relationship began :) There is a set of pictures that describe us perfectly - they are pictures of us at 3 years old (her) and 5 (me) where I am frowning and she is smiling, then two seconds later she is frowning and I am smiling... then two minutes later we are hugging and both smiling...

When we were younger, strangers would mistake us from one another or ask "are y'all identical twins?"  Even to this day (after I stopped growing in fourth grade and her growth spurt) people mistake us,

 "We met at Miami's homecoming in 2007 - you were hiding from an obsessed guy that was stalking you."

"Nope, sounds like my younger cousin, Ashley."

"Oh - there is two of you."

Even in clubs we are mistaken - I am like you don't see the four inch difference?

Besides "apparent" physical similarities, we are both loud on occasion, love family,  can't get enough of being out-and-about and in the know,  enjoy a good laugh, do a two-step that's unmatched, and agree on some life philosophies. But other than those things, we are completely different and disagree on life. There are way too many times that I get off the phone with Ashley vowing to never talk to her about another situation (like blah)... and then I call her the next day... it's a terrible cycle.

All this to say, she is very opininated (as am I) and most of the things that she says I disagree with. For instance, she calls her self a renegade, because she never pays her speeding tickets (if they are caught on camera) - I mean who does that?!?

But regardless of how much I disagree with her antics, she is someone that has something FUN to talk about every second of every day and I can't help but want to hear about her randomness daily.  This leads me to my addiction. After asking her to write a blog, for about a year and a half, she has finally started her own blog. It is filled with OUTRAGEOUSNESS... but it's utterly hilarious. Whether she is talking about a wack woman claiming to be a good black woman, a man grinding so hard that she nearly stumbled or how success equals stress (so no thank you) - it's thought-provoking and absurd all at the same time. It's absolutely crazy, random, harsh, controversial, hysterical, and it's Ashley. And for those reasons alone, I am addicted to http://fancyayancey.wordpress.com/

Popular Posts