House to myself

Before I had Neiko - I used to think it was the  oddest thing when a mother was excited to have the house to herself for an hour or two. Well, let me try to explain this - Mike's last job sent him traveling near and far fairly often. Some of those trips I would tag along - but many of them I would stay home. I always missed Mike and would totally dread the days leading up to his absence, but in the end the time spent in solitude and with my girls was incredible. The ladies knew that meant SLLLLEEEEPPPOVERS, snitches!!!

That said, getting a text, a phone call, or hearing the excitment during a weekend rundown from a female friend where she was rejoinging about having a few hours to herself while her child(ren) and hubby were away/sleep...seemed slightly overrated. That is until I experienced it as a mother. There is such a peace to having even an hour of solitude. The other day, I spent my moment under the hairdryer (big curlers) and painting my nails all while pumping. It was like college, again, except I am 25 lbs heavier, much more exhausted (yes, young Shelby, there is a level of tiredness beyond partying on a weekday with an 8 am class the following morning), had a doohickey strapped to my chest making a suckling-dripping sound...and I didn't have any AWESOME plans that night (unless cuddling up in a big blanky in my sweats counts)... speaking of college - a few pictures down memory lane




So, I guess it was nothing like college except that I was pampering myself with hair rollers/drier and painting my nails...

Popular Posts