Taking a Sabbatical

I had a really cute blog post (from Saturday) with pictures.
Just three months ago. I am tearing up just going through his little pictures. 

But...

Okay, quick story - Friday, Neiko needed to cuddle in order to go to sleep. And as he fell asleep beside me I started thinking of ways to slip out - so that I could get on the computer and write this or that. It hit me then that I am about to start work... I will have so much time in front of a computer. Moments holding my sweet baby boy in the middle of a random Friday are worth savoring.

As I've said and will firmly standby - the last three months have been magical. Literally, the most incredible time of my life. I am a different woman. Truly. The woman that left for summer break is not the same woman returning. This weekend was filled with family fun - it was Neiko's dedication - so the whole family was together.

Even after this weekend, there was something that has changed within me. I cannot explain the continuous and constant evolution. I cannot explain how I am feeling. What I can say though is that I want to be fully in it. I want to lose myself completely in this moment and phase. I need to take this next week and dive into each moment - capturing it only in my memory.

Therefore for this next week, I am on Sabbatical from everything that distracts me from my reality. I need to wrap my mind around everything that's now and that's coming.

Next Sunday, I hope to be back with more posts and more updates... even if I'm asking for another week.  But for now, I'm turning off the computer (all of social media), my phone (kinda), the television (media/reality) and completely fading to black. God willing, this week, I am going to hold my baby for hours at a time staying in the moment, kiss my hubby every chance that I get, take a stab at a difficult recipe, enjoy the outdoors, have a cuppa jo and devotion in complete silence. I will read while my sleeping boy is beside me. I will visit the job and serve where I can. I will talk to family, encourage friends, and do something creative and thoughtful. I will date the love of my life every night. I will pray for everyone on my prayer list and practice patience, kindness, and unconditional love. I will laugh from the belly and center myself with yoga. I am going to sit in front of the mirror - try a new hairstyle, play in my make-up, and paint my nails a fun color.  I am going to dance with my boys and listen to music that moves me. I am gonna... live.

May God bless and keep you through this week. May it be filled with sweet and lovely minutes, hours, and days. 

Many blessings,
SSS

Popular Posts